Liquid screed, also known as flowing screed, calcium sulphate or anhydrate is a pumpable, self-smoothing floor screed, It is in our day the modern alternative to semi dry conventional Sand and Cement screeds.
Flowing screeds are Highly versatile and provide excellent thermal conductivity of (2.2w/mk) compared to traditional screeds. It can be used over thermal or sound insulation and electrical services. It’s design is to provide excellence in its surface finish, attainable accuracy of levels and virtual elimination of cracking And curling. One of the most popular benefits of a flowing screed is the scale of application up to 1000 mtrs a day.
All construction sectors from commercial to domestic buildings are fast becoming the popular choice specifically with underfloor heating.
Below is the key benefits of Flowing screeds:
- Increased productivity – 1000 m2 per day can be easily achieved
- Can be walked on in 24-48 hours
- Does not require curing
- Extremely low shrinkage - does not curl and minimizes the risk of cracking
- Suitable for floating floor construction
- Avoids the need for reinforcement
- Ideal for use with underfloor heating systems
- Significantly reduced thickness when compared to traditional sand - cement screed on UFH
- Dries at a rate of 1mm per day up to a screed depth of 40mm
- Can be force dried as early as 7 days after application
- Easily achieves SR2 finish as described in BS8204
- Protein free - cannot harbour harmful bacteria
Due to the nature of its flexural strength and increased productivity as always quality is crucial. All flowing screeds with the exception of additive specified liquid should be factory produced and only ever laid by an accredited contractor who have completed a through training programme and have achieved their evaluation with the acquired manufacturer.